The application and chemical properties of caustic soda in the textile industry
Flake caustic soda is the solid state of sodium hydroxide. It has excellent chemical properties and is widely used in agriculture, industry, medicine and other fields. This article briefly introduces the application of caustic soda in the textile industry.
1. Good color rate
Use this product instead of soda ash, even if 1/10 of the soda ash is used, it can maintain a sufficient color supply. In the process of operation, adding too much of this product will not affect the color of the fiber.
2. Wide adaptability of dyes and equipment, good reproducibility of dyeing
It is suitable for many reactive dyes and has high color rendering ability and reproducibility for each reactive dye. It is suitable for many equipments, mainly low liquor ratio and aerosol dyeing machines. It can better solve the difference between the inner and outer layers in cheese production.
3. Shorten the dyeing time
Caustic soda is a new type of buffered solid base with low electrolyte content and low dissolved ionic strength. Therefore, the coloring speed is slower in the process of adding alkali, so that the leveling property of the dye is better. Whether it is dyeing dark or light colors, the alkali addition time is about 20 minutes, which shortens the dyeing time.
4. Increase the quality of dyed products and reduce the repair rate
After rinsing with caustic soda, rinse with clean water before use to avoid accidental consumption of caustic soda residue. Although there is no harm in ingesting a small amount of caustic soda, prevention should be given priority.
1. Sodium hydroxide, the chemical formula is sodium hydroxide, commonly known as caustic soda, caustic soda, is a very corrosive strong alkali, generally in flake or block shape. It is easily soluble in water (dissolving in water and exothermic), forming an alkaline solution. In addition, it has deliquescence. It easily absorbs water vapor (deliquescent) and carbon dioxide (deterioration) in the air. You can add hydrochloric acid to check for deterioration.
2. Sodium hydroxide is one of the chemicals that chemical laboratories need to keep in stock, and it is also one of the commonly used chemicals. The pure product is colorless and transparent crystal. The density is 2.130g/cm?. Melting point is 318.4℃. Boiling point is 1390℃. Industrial products contain a small amount of sodium chloride and sodium carbonate, which are white opaque crystals. There are lumps, flakes, granules and rods. 997
3. Caustic soda can be used as an alkaline cleaning agent in water treatment, soluble in ethanol and glycerin; insoluble in propanol and ether. It has a disproportionation reaction with chlorine, bromine, iodine and other halogens. It neutralizes with acid to form salt and water.